How we use your data.
Website Data Privacy Statement (effective 25th May 2018)
Ark Services (“Ark”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy legislation.This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal information or personal data that Ark collects from you, or that you provide to Ark, will be processed by us in accordance with applicable Ark company policy.
We encourage you to carefully read the following to understand the way we handle your personal information.
Amendments and updates to this Statement may be made from time-to-time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what personal information we collect and how we use that personal information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
- In relation to service that is relevant to you. After that initial contact if you wish not to be contacted again we will respect that and delete your contact information.
- To respond to any questions or queries that you send to us;
- To obtain feedback on your dealings with our company;
- To provide you with information on relevant services available to you from Ark;
We will only contact you by phone or email if we can satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- We have offers that are directly relevant to your needs;
- It is of a clear benefit to you or others in your business, sector or industry;
- There’s a limited privacy impact on you the individual;
Data we collect:
We may also collect the following information automatically when you use our Website:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Personal data that has not been obtained from the data subject indirectly
In some instances, we may contact you using data that is freely available to the public i.e. through databases published by government departments, trade show organisers & event organisers.
We will only contact you pursuant to our legitimate interests as stated above.
Data may in some instances relate to name, position, email address, phone number and place of employment, etc.
We do not sell, transfer or intend to transfer personal data to a recipient in any third country or international organisation that does not meet the requirements the GDPR.
On first communication and subsequent communications, the Data Subject will always have the option to unsubscribe from our communications.
Social media widgets
Our Website includes social media features and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which page you are visiting on the Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the respective privacy statements of the companies that provide them.
- keep track of how you interact with our website;
- target advertising;
- keep track of how you access and download our materials; and
- offer functionality on our website, including social media plug-ins and sharing.
Some pages of our Website include external links to third-party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for these websites or the use of your information by third parties. You should check the privacy notices on any third-party websites to ensure that you are satisfied regarding their privacy practices, prior to sharing any personal information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for a length of time appropriate to our business needs, being up to a maximum of 5 years in accordance with Ark company policies. Your information will be deleted from our systems after 5 years if it is no longer needed, or earlier when you inform us that you wish all your data to be deleted.
If you apply for a position but you are unsuccessful, will retain your data for up to 18 months after close of the competition.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include the right to:
- request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- request that we rectify without undue delay any inaccuracies in relation to the personal data we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- obtain restriction of processing in some circumstances;
- object to any processing;
- in some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically (Please note, that we retain only a copy of certain data collected from you not an original. Furthermore we do not avail of systems that make automated decisions based on your data);
- if we are processing any data for which you have given consent, you may withdraw consent to us processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent, and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner;
Any inquiries regarding the above rights or if you wish to exercise any of these rights or any other rights provided for in this Statement please contact our Data Protection Coordinator.
How to contact us
For general queries and requests of any kind, please contact us here.